This article will explain or discuss:
- Amana dishwasher is not draining and its solution.
- And much more!
You’re in the right place!
Ready? Let’s get started!
I have given 4 methods in this article to fix your Amana dishwasher not drying problem .You can apply the method which has been described below and fix your Amana dishwasher.
Amana Dishwasher Malfunctioning Solutions
1) Air Gap Issues
Air gap issues are one of the most common issues with the Amana dishwashers.
If your Amana dishwasher has an air gap installed it is possible that it became blocked by dust or any other foreign object.
The air gap is a small device that prevents dirty water from the sink from backing up into the dishwasher.
- Make sure to check whether the air gap is damaged or not .
- You have to remove the cover of the air gap and then look for any visible damage or dust buildup.
- If you see any blockages then you have to clean them out with a toothbrush and if the air gap appears to be damaged then you have to replace it.
2)Blocked Garbage Disposal
Clogged Garbage disposal is also one of the most common issues in the Amana dishwasher.
If your Amana dishwasher is connected to a garbage disposal then it is possible that the disposal is clogged with foreign objects or dust.
Water cannot drain properly if the garbage disposal is blocked.
- Make sure to turn off your Amana dishwater and unplug the dishwasher from the electrical outlet that powers the dishwasher.
- You can use your mobile phone’s flashlight to check the disposal for any visible signs of blockage or dust buildup.
- Look for anything that is blocking the blades or the drain.
- Once you have cleared the clog make sure to clean the disposal with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar.
- You have to pour one cup of baking soda into the drain with one cup of vinegar. Then after a minute flush the drain with hot water.
- After cleaning you have to turn the power back on to the disposal and test it to make sure that it is working properly.
3) Drainage Pump Issues
If none of the above steps fix the problem then it is possible that the drain pump has failed.
The drain pump is responsible for removing the water from the dishwasher and pumping it out through the drain hose.
If the pump has failed the water will not be able to drain properly. In this case, you will have to replace the pump.
- Make sure to check the dishwasher for any kind of obstacles which is not letting the pump to work properly.
- Make sure to check the drain hose for any visible signs of damage or dust buildups.
- The drain hose is usually located at the back of the dishwasher which connects to the pump.
- You have to look for any kind of dust or holes in the hose. If you find any kind of damage make sure to replace the hose and test the dishwasher again.
- Make sure to remove the dishwasher’s bottom rack and locate the pump. After locating the pump, check whether it is working properly or not.
- If the pump does not work properly it’s time to replace it .
4) Contact The Amana Customer Care Team
If none of the above steps work, contact the Amana customer care team. They will be able to provide you with additional troubleshooting steps and may be able to replace the dishwasher if they are faulty.
There can be several reasons why your Amana dishwasher is not draining properly. However, most of these issues can be resolved by following simple troubleshooting steps.
By troubleshooting these issues and trying the solutions which are outlined above, you can get your Amana dishwasher back to drying and cleaning your dishes properly.
If you have tried these solutions and are still experiencing problems, it is high time to contact the Amana customer care team for assistance.
Therefore, it is crucial to keep these measures in mind to make the most out of your Amana dishwasher.