Looking to know why your GE microwave is not heating Properly ?
This article will explain or discuss:
- GE microwave is not heating properly and its solution.
- And much more!
You’re in the right place!
Ready? Let’s get started!
I have given 4 methods in this article to fix your GE microwave not heating problem .You can apply the method which has been described below and fix your GE microwave.
GE Microwave Malfunctioning Solutions
1) Power Supply Issues
Power supply issues among GE refrigerators are one of the most common issues faced by users.
Make sure to check that your microwave is receiving an adequate amount of power. Ensure that it is plugged into a working electric outlet.
- Make sure to check the microwave’s power cord .The power cord may become loose so ensure that it is securely connected.
- Make sure to test the power cord for any visible damage.
- If none of the above steps then you can try changing the electrical outlet and try plugging the microwave into a different electrical outlet in your home.
- If you find any signs of wear and tear then it is high time to get a new power cord to ensure a safe and reliable power supply.
- If you have a voltage tester make sure to check if the outlet is providing the appropriate voltage.
- Insert the tester into the outlet and then follow the manufacturer’s instructions to measure the voltage.
2) Thermal Fuse Issues
The thermal fuse is a safety device that protects the microwave from overheating. If the fuse blows then it will disturb the heating function of the GE microwave.
You have to locate the thermal fuse by referring to the user manual and use a multimeter to test its continuity.
- Make sure to turn off your GE microwave and unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet that powers the microwave.
- Make sure to carefully detach the thermal fuse from its mounting.
- Take note of how the thermal fuse is connected to ensure proper reinstallation later.
- Make sure to test the thermal fuse whether it is working properly or not by using a multimeter.
- If the thermal fuse is not working properly then it is high time to replace them.
- Make sure to buy a new thermal fuse that matches the specifications of your GE microwave model.
- It is important to use the correct model of thermal fuse to ensure that it is compatible and safe with your GE microwave.
3) Control Panel Settings
Control Panel settings are also one of the most common issues with GE microwaves. Microwaves come equipped with various settings and power levels.
It is also possible that the microwave is not heating because the power setting is too low. Make sure that the power level is set to the appropriate level for the type of food you are trying to heat.
- Make sure to refer to the user manual for specific instructions on setting power levels and cooking times.
- Make sure that the power level is set appropriately for the type of food you are trying to heat.
- Different power levels are suitable for different types of food and using the wrong power level may result in heating problems.
- Some GE microwaves offer preset modes for specific types of food, such as popcorn, baked potatoes.
- Make sure that you have selected the appropriate mode or function for your intended use.
4) Contact GE Customer Care Team
If none of the above steps work, contact the GE customer care team. They will be able to provide you with additional troubleshooting steps and may be able to replace the microwave if they are faulty.
There can be several reasons why your GE microwave is not working properly. However, most of these issues can be resolved by following simple troubleshooting steps.
By troubleshooting these issues and trying the solutions which are outlined above, you can get your GE microwave back to heating your food properly.
If you have tried these solutions and are still experiencing problems, it is high time to contact the GE customer care team for assistance.
Therefore, it is crucial to keep these measures in mind to make the most out of your GE microwave.